• For being a part of the program, the woman should have a nominator (other than her family members), self-nominated forms will be rejected.
• Employers, partners, stakeholders, community members or government officials can nominate women for this program.
• The nominee should have a minimum work experience of 3 years in the category that she is being nominated for.
• Previous years’ finalists and winners are not eligible to apply for this program
• Women who have received recognition through National Award or State awards (including Chief Minister’s and Corporate Awards)
are not eligible to apply for this program.
• Incomplete forms or delayed submissions will automatically be rejected.
The nominated grassroots women change agents will be assessed on the following criteria:
• Vision and leadership
• Journey of personal transformation
• Approach and strategy for addressing a social problem
• Profile of Beneficiaries Targeted (Extent of marginalisation of communities served by the Nominee)
• Ability to ignite and mobilize people, resources and local partnerships
• Impact created, and milestones achieved
• Ideas for sustaining and scaling her program/ideas
• Self-motivation and continuous efforts for enhancing her own knowledge, skills and competencies
• Role model leadership with the ability to mentor and launch other change agents
The CII Foundation Woman Exemplar Program will undertake a rigorous four-step process to identify the finalists and winners. The steps include:
• First shortlist of Nominees via desk review of the nomination forms.
• Second shortlist of Nominees via telephonic interviews and reference checks with nominators and other referees.
• Final shortlist of Nominees via field visits.
• Selection of winners by an eminent jury or the National Steering Committee of the Woman Exemplar Program
• A maximum of fifteen nominees will be identified as finalists from each category (five each from education, health and micro-enterprise).
The Steering Committee will decide on three winners from the short-listed participants, one for each category.
• The three winners will receive a trophy and a cash prize of Rupees three lakhs each. All finalists will receive citations and certificates
as well as capacity building and coaching support.
• The selected Exemplars must personally accept the recognition at the CII National Conference and Annual Session. All Finalists, who receive
invitation, must attend this event. CII Foundation will arrange travel and stay for all the Finalists.
• In case there is no eligible candidate, no winner or finalist for the category would be presented.